Welcome to Kaiser Permanente San Francisco CME
The physicians at Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco Medical Center (KPSF) are dedicated to providing high-quality, integrated, innovative, and compassionate care to their patients.
The mission of the KPSF CME program is to support this goal by providing high-quality, balanced, evidence-based, AMA PRA Category 1 educational activities that will address identified quality or professional practice gaps of our physician learners. As a California Medical Association (CMA) accredited provider of continuing medical education (CME), KPSF seeks not only to build skills of our physicians, but also to affect and promote change in physician practice, patient care, and ultimately improve patient outcomes and satisfaction. KPSF CME is well integrated at various levels in the medical center and strives to be a strategic asset to enhance physician practice and performance on quality metrics and respond to patient and organizational needs.
The content of our CME program may address topics of quality, medical-legal issues, risk management, patient safety and diversity, equity, and inclusion; update physicians on clinical practice and novel pharmacotherapies; enhance procedural and communication skills; fulfill regulatory requirements; emphasize quality improvement within a department or within the medical center; alert physicians about epidemiologic concerns; inform them of regional initiatives; and promote a culture of physician health and wellness. We endeavor to use educational formats that incorporate adult learning principles that are most effective in achieving application of knowledge and retention.
We strive to address the educational needs of our target audience, which is comprised of primary care and specialty care physicians. We also encourage attendance by other health care professionals and allied health personnel, who serve as an integral part of the health care team, as well as non-TPMG physicians in the community.
An overall program analysis is performed annually to evaluate successes and challenges, to determine the effectiveness of our CME program as a whole and to design, implement and measure improvement processes.
- Activities to Boost Learner Engagement
- Copyright-KP Approved Images (Internal Presentations)
- Copyright-KP Brochure for Employees
- Copyright-RightFind Advisor
- Map of KP SFO
- MS Teams Presenting Tips-Create Polls ahead of time
- MS Teams Presenting Tips - How to Create Breakout Rooms
- MS Teams Presenting Tips-Powerpoint Presenter View
- MS Teams Presenting Tips-Whiteboard
- SharePoint-For Internal Users Only
- Virtual Tips-Distance Teaching with Technology
- Virtual Tips-Microsoft Teams for Presenters
- Virtual Tips-Microsoft Teams for Session Hosts
- Virtual Tips-Online Pedagogy Toolkit
- Worksheet-Ideas for Active Learning
- Worksheet-Preparing Learning Objectives
- Worksheet-Preparing More Effective Presentations
Click here to view upcoming CMEs.
Ingrid Lim, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Chief, Continuing Medical Education
Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
Natalia Rabovsky, MS, RN, CNS, CPHQ
Quality Services, Greater San Francisco Area
Connie (Coco) Posey, MS