Kae Bendixen, MD
Target Audience: All Physicians
What is Connect the Docs?
Connect the Docs (CTD) is a CME accredited activity which addresses challenging issues in the doctor/patient relationship. The format consists of case discussions about difficult encounters with patients and/or their families. The discussion focuses on issues related to the experience of the doctor, the patient and their relationship. These discussions are not support groups and are not directed towards problem solving about the case. They focus on achieving better clarity of the situation by exploring different points of view. Participants report new insights and presenters often report more freedom and ease in dealing with the situation.
Note: This program is not designed to address clinical or system issues.
What are the goals of Connect the Docs?
1. Gain insights into the provider's role in a challenging encounter and how to improve the outcome
2. Communication with consideration of the patient's point of view
3. Utilize effective practices that decrease compassion fatigue
4. Promote collegiality between physicians
- Demonstrate insights of the issues in a challenging physician patient encounters and how to improve outcome and satisfaction
- Apply the communication tools and strategies in challenging and difficult encounters to provide patient centered care
- Demonstrate a team based approach in challenging situations to promote collegiality in daily practice
Disclosure: The presenter & planning committee members for this activity have disclosed that they have no relevant relationships with commercial or industry organizations. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee/faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant conflict of interest. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
Kaiser Santa Clara is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Kaiser Santa Clara designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance