Planner: Nina Chicharoen, MD, MP
1. Set up and deploy the Primary and Secondary Triage areas within the ED parking lot and ambulance bay.
2. Describe and utilize SALT triage to carry out primary triage of mass casualty patients rapidly and effectively during a disaster.
3. Assess and assign mass casualty victims to the proper triage and treatment areas.
4. Effectively use hand held radios for communication within the Casualty Care Unit during a disaster.
Disclosure: The presenter & planning committee members for this activity have disclosed that they have no relevant relationships with commercial or industry organizations. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee/faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant conflict of interest. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
Kaiser Santa Clara is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Kaiser Santa Clara designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Attendance