Adult and Family Medicine, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, Hospital Medicine, Medicine subspecialists including gastroenterology, surgeons including Hepatobiliary surgeons, Behavioral Medicine, Pharmacists, medical students and residents.
Lunch will be provided for those who stay for the entire session
Microsoft TEAMS: Meeting information will be provided after you select “Take Course” below.
Post Presentation Survey: Available here after the event.
- Mindie H. Nguyen, MD, MAS, AGAF, FAASLD Professor of Medicine, GI & Hepatology, Liver Transplant Director of Hepatology Fellowship
- Haritha Rachamallu, MD, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Patrice Lucas, PharmD, BCPS, Drug Education Coordinator, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
1. Screen for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), interpret HBV serology, and identify patients who need hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) surveillance and antiviral therapies.
2. Screen for Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), adopt current treatment options and efficacy, and identify patients who require HCC surveillance after HCV cure.
3. Recognize the prevalence of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)and confidently diagnose NAFLD
1. Who to screen for HBV, how to interpret HBV serology, and how to identify patients who need HCC surveillance and antiviral therapies.
2. Who to screen for HCV, learn current treatment options and efficacy, and identify patients who require HCC surveillance after HCV cure.
3. How to diagnose NAFLD, what is the prevalence of NAFLD
The speaker(s) and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Geriatrics
- 1.00 HIV