- Behavioral Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- OB/ Gyn
Lunch RSVP (By TBD):
WebEx (Please MUTE yourself upon entry):
Post Presentation Survey (By TBD) : Available after event
- Dr. Gurpreet Rihal
- Dr. Haritha Rachamallu
At the conclusion of this event, participants will be able to:
1. Screen and assess the extent of liver disease in Hepatitis C viral (HCV) infection including identification of advanced fibrosis or cirrhosis and confidently co-manage additional monitoring and management.
2. Identify co-morbidities associated with Hepatitis C viral (HCV) infection, include extra-hepatic manifestations of chronic HCV infection and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV).
3. Identify risk factors such as psycho social issues, illicit drug or alcohol use and depression as part of pre-work in Hepatitis C viral infection disease management.
4. Incorporate evidence-based guidelines and care without delay by following the work flow for Gastroenterology referrals for Hepatitis C viral (HCV) infection.
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) can cause both acute and chronic hepatitis. The acute process is self-limited, rarely causes hepatic failure, and usually leads to chronic infection. Chronic HCV infection often follows a progressive course over many years and can ultimately result in cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma, and the need for liver transplantation. This condition has been recognized as the top referral reasons to Gastroenterology at Kaiser San Jose, through discussion with the leadership team in Primary Care.
Primary care physicians often are the first to evaluate and treat a patient with gastronterology problems.
In this session, Drs. Rihal will hold an interactive discussion utilizing case scenarios to screen, recognize red flags, initiate work up and refer to Gastroenterology appropriately.
Follow work flow and p -consult (phone) and e -consult ( electronic consult) guidelines /referral path for our patients, in a timely fashion, resulting in care without delay, improving access to gastroenterology and patient satisfaction.
The speaker and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance