Welcome to the Patient Provider Interaction (PPI) conferences at South Sacramento-Wyndham! PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
CME PROGRAM PLANNERS:
Hillary VanHorn-Gatlin, MD
CME ADMIN ASSISTANT:
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Rachel Kitazono, MD - Department of Behavioral Medicine - South Sacramento
Kevin Nguyen, MD - Hospital Based Medicine - South Sacramento
Steve Powell, MD - Department of Outpatient Psychiatry - South Sacramento
Tiffany Shu, MD - Department of OB/GYN - Elk Grove
By the end of this CME activity, participants should be better able to:
1) Rapidly establish rapport and build trust with their patients.
2) Facilitate productive exchange of information between provider and patient.
3) Demonstrate an attitude of caring and concern in interactions with their patients.
4) Encourage patients in practices that increase adherence to care recommendations.
5) Describe the Four Habits Model and its link to improved outcomes and patient satisfaction.
6) Practice the Four Habits Model and apply its principles in the clinical setting.
AWARD OF CME CREDIT
CME credit will be granted to participants who attend the conference and complete the evaluation survey.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Sacramento Valley CME Program takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Credit Designation Statement
The Sacramento Valley CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Nurses may report 4 hour participation toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.