Fri, 06/23/2023 - 12:30pm
CME PROGRAM PLANNER:
Matthew Sena, MD
Matthew Sena, MD
Physicians, NPs and PAs - Pathologists, Radiology, Surgery, Hematology, Clinical Providers
By the end of this CME activity, participants should be better able to:
- Eligible patients are referred for a comprehensive geriatric assessment and subsequent referral to the multidisciplinary Senior Surgical Board for discussion of geriatric vulnerabilities and consideration of surgical recommendation.
- Providers will engage with multidisciplinary partners to achieve agreement on surgical recommendations for geriatric patients.
- All geriatric surgical patients will have life care planning/palliative care documentation in their medical records and potential care gaps and optimization needs will be addressed for each patient.
- Identify and address culture, health literacy, language, and implicit bias in caring for patients and provide resources to address concerns.
STATEMENT OF DISCLOSURE:
Matthew Sena, all presenters, and the planners of this activity have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Financial relationships of any dollar amount are defined as relevant if the educational content is related to the business lines or products of the ineligible company.
AWARD OF CME CREDIT:
CME credit will be granted to participants who attend the conference and claim credit using the SMS text feature or the CME link.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Sacramento Valley CME Program takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Credit Designation Statement
The Sacramento Valley CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report 1.0 hour participation toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Geriatrics