April 5th and September 27th
Ann Segovia , Director of Supportive Care Services, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Ann Segovia, Director of Supportive Care Services, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Sangeeta Joshi, MD LCP Physician Champion, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Rizwana Chaudhry, MD, Chief of Professional Education, CME Department , Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Ruma Kumar, MD, APIC for Supportive Care Services, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Jon Kim, DO, Chief of Supportive Care Services, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Jennifer Cohen, MD, Palliative Care Physician, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
Our goal is to increase that percentage of patients over the age of 18 who have had at least a designated decision-maker on file to 85%, and, of those who are over 55 with both a designated decision-maker and advance health care directive to 85% and 30% respectively, and for those with serious illness or over the age of 85, that they have 65% with a documented life care planning conversation by the end of 2022. The SCS quality measure, we would like to achieve a goal of 100% of our patients having LCP or SPC prior to death. This would be achieved through introduction by the physician and/or other health care staff of the importance of life care planning, providing information on how to complete an advance directive, and making referrals to either Health Education or Life Care Planning via a-consult.
1) Physicians will be able to incorporate life care planning into discussions with all their adult patients over the age of 18 as part of their routine care.
2) Physicians will be able to assess and refer patients who need either advance directive assistance or a more in-depth discussion about goals of care with a trained facilitator.
3) Physicians will be able to identify those patients who are over age 85 or with serious illness and refer them for LCP conversations via e-consult.
The speaker(s) and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.